On the surface, Kristen Stewart aka KStew and Emma Watson (no silly nickname) seem to have much in common apart from the obvious:
1. Both belong to the new generation of Hollywood leading ladies.
2. Both reached the dizzy heights of fame via fantasy franchises based on bestsellers by female authors, Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.
3. Both are preparing to turn a new leaf following the end of the said franchises (Emma Watson has already done so by getting the chop and enrolling at Brown University, albeit recently taking a sabbatical to go back to Hollywood and KStew in late 2012 when the last movie in the Twilight franchise, Breaking Dawn Part 2 finally premieres.
4. Thanks to said franchises, both lovelies are a couple of million pounds richer.
5. Both have graced the cover of Vogue US over the last few month with similar cover lines: ‘Twilight and Beyond, Kristen Stewart’ and ‘Emma Watson, Life after Harry Potter.’
While so many similarities seem to abound, dig a little deeper under the surface and you may start noticing that Kristen and Emma not so similar after all. First of, Kristen is a born and bred Califonia Girl (Nope, don’t let the vampiric complexion fool you!) while Emma is an English rose.
Moreover, one seems to have plenty of acting talent whereas the other’s acting range is limited to a whole lot of blinks and lip-biting (I shall leave you to decide who’s who here, FAB ones).
One is a pro clothes horse on the red carpet while the other always manages to make herself look like a horse’s rear end (Again, you decide who’s who here!).
Then of course, there is that all too obvious head shake that will go down in history at the MTV Movie Award 2011 when KStew mumbled through – wait for it, yup! – another awkward acceptance speech.
Looking at all the evidence, it is suffice to say, Miss Stew and Miss Watson – despite many similarities in terms of their careers – are world apart, but pray tell: Who is your favourite Vogue cover girl?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post have by no means been influenced by the writer’s blind Robsession.by