Once you learn the basics, applying makeup isn’t as daunting as it seems when you’re standing in the midst of a makeup aisle. There are many tried-and-true tips and tricks that the experts know and we’re sharing with you. Get these basics down, and you’ll perfect your look.
Your eyes are what people usually first notice about your appearance. Here are some basic tips to help you along when applying your eye make-up.
1. Always start with a clean face.Unfortunately, simply washing your face with soap and water may not be enough to remove previous traces of makeup and oils from your skin. You may want to use special cleansing agents and creams to achieve this goal.
2. Many makeup artists recommend applying mascara only to the top lashes. If you want to make eyes appear wider, apply mascara to the bottom lashes but make sure you give lashes a light touch. Not great at getting those bottom lashes? Try putting a tissue under them before application. Remember, you should never pump your mascara in and out of the tube; this only introduces air into the tube which would cause it to dry sooner than it should. Instead, swirl the mascara around while still in the tube and only bring it out when you are ready to apply.
3. To apply liquid eyeliner, line the eye from the inside of the lashes outward in one big sweep. You can also line the eye from the middle of the lash line outward, then finish the line from the inner corner of the eye to the middle.
4.You may have heard of eye make up ideas where eyeliner is applied to only half the lid. This is a big mistake. Lining only the outside half of the eye will make your eyes look smaller.
5.Remember the beauty rule “Thou Shalt Not Play up the Lips AND the Mouth.” If you’re going for dramatic red lips (never out of fashion), be sure to keep the eye shadow light and simple.
6. A dot of white shadow or pencil on the inside of the eye near the tear duct will make eyes look brighter. You won’t believe how eye-opening this is.
7.To apply mascara on lower lashes, hold the brush vertically, then sweep it back and forth. If you wear eyeliner on the lower lashes, try a pencil eyeliner, which tends to be softer. Then smudge the line with your finger so it looks more natural than a straight line.
8.When a woman has perfectly shaped brows, she can look put together even without a drop of makeup. This is why brow-shaping should be the one weekly beauty regimen you should never skip.
9.If you use a pencil to fill in sparse brows, apply with short, feathered strokes from the inside of the brow out. Then carefully rub brows with a brush or your fingertips to soften the effect.
10. The ideal time for brow-shaping is the week after your period begins. It the time in your cycle when your body is least sensitive to hair removal.