Michelle Obama recently made the Time Magazine Top 100 Style Icons, and I was not in the least bit surprised. Since becoming the First Lady, Michelle has been thrust into the spotlight, and has at least made sure we have had something to look at. I’ll be taking a look at her top 5 outfits and finding out what the First Lady of Fashion said about her very public wardrobe.
5. New York Dinner Date. Michelle wears a Ruffled Azzedine Alaïa dress.
4. American Ballet Theatre’s Opening Night Spring Gala. Michelle wears Azzedine Alaïa once again.
3. National Governors Association black-tie dinner. Michelle wears a strapless sequinned gown by Peter Soronen. Michelle’s pearl and crystal necklace was designed by Tom Binns.
2. At a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Michelle wears Isaac Mizrahi.
1. Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Phoenix Awards dinner in Washington. Michelle wears a Michael Kors halter gown.
The whole world has fallen in love with Michelle’s wardrobe, but what does her husband think?
“He’s always asking: ‘Is that new? I haven’t seen that before.’ It’s like, Why don’t you mind your own business? Solve world hunger. Get out of my closet.”- Michelle Obama