Get ready for UberAfrica Unmasked – the first reality TV program of its kind aimed to showcase African inspired fashion designs from unknown fashion designers. Twenty rigorously selected up-and-coming designers who will be competing in a twelve week reality TV show to become ‘The UberAfrica Unmasked Designer of the Year.’
Each task throughout the competition will be briefed and evaluated by a highly acclaimed fashion industry judging panel, alongside a live voting system from guests of honours who will be attending the highly anticipated UberAfrica VIP Launch and Final which will be taking place on Saturday 24th March 2012, in UberAfrica’s headquarters in Hertfordshire. Some of these guests include:
– Award-winning Yemi Osunkoya , Creative Director of Kosibah
– Adebayo Jones a.k.a The King of Couture, Creative Director of Adebayo Jones designer label
– Christopher Beales, multi-talented Creative Director & former Senior Tailor at Alexander McQueen
– Award winning Josephine Hendo, Creative Director of Jose Hendo
– Hazel Aggrey-Orleans, the brainchild behind acclaimed Eki Orleans designer label
– Best male Designer of the year 2011 Benjamin Kitoko
– Jennifer Hibbert – Owner, Director and Creative Director of Jennifer Hibbert Fashion limited
– Sinem Bilem Onabanjo , Fab Magazine Editor-In-Chief & fashion photographer
– Adaobi Iwenofu – Publisher & Editor-in-Chief of DivaScribe Magazine
– Ola Shobowale – Creative & Art Director/ Brand ambassador for Ituen Basi, Kemkem Studios
The concept of the show is aiming to challenge the contestants’ fashion knowledge, creativity, concept development, design and execution, through a thorough process of elimination.
Here’s a little teaser from our friends at UberAfrica – look out for more to come in the coming weeks.
[…] – Fab Magazine Online Share this:Facebook Posted in Did you hear?, Fashion News Tags: african fashion, creativity, […]