Treat yourself to an exquisite dessert that will leave you panting for more!
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt ½ of the sugar in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring, until it is a light brown syrup. Pour into 8 buttered ramekins or custard cups
- Place ramekins into a shallow baking pan for easier handling. Preheat oven to 3000F
- Beat eggs, salt and remaining sugar in a large bowl with mixer at low speed until lemon coloured. Gradually beat in milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the custard mixture among the ramekins. Pour hot water into the pan within 1 inch of top of cups
- Bake for 1 hour until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Remove ramekins from baking pan and cool on wire rack. Refrigerate
- To serve, loosen the custard from the cups with the tip of a sharp knife and invert unto a dessert dish, letting the syrup run down unto the side of the dish.