Kenya Fashion Week is set to kick off on August 24, 2013 at Villa Rosa Kempinski in Nairobi, Kenya.
KFW birthed by Sonu Sharma which was formerly called ‘Trendz Kenya Fashion Festival’ was established with the aim of exposing Kenya as the established fashion and urban Lifestyle capital of Africa.
The event is co-sponsored by Samsung Electronics and Jameson Select.
According to the organisers, the event features fine designers from Africa and around the world showcasing exquisite collections, world class entertainment, exhibits of lifestyle and luxury products and services.
The designers for this year include:
1) Suzaan Heyns– South Africa
2) Ruald Rheeder– South Africa
3) DEVrNIL– India
4) Hakeem Balogun (Kimono Kollection)– Nigeria
5) Yvonne Nwosu (Vonne Couture)– Nigeria
6) Tina Ndidi Ugo (Didi Creations)– Nigeria/UK
7) Dave– Kenya
8) Kushweet Bharij (Kush B)– Kenya
9) Yvonne Odhiambo & Gloria Baraza (Afrostreet Kollections)– Kenya
10) Estella Ogbaonna (Estella Couture)– USA
11) Chauvin- Buthhaud Laurence & Christina Schatzeden (Laurenceairline)– Ivory Coast/France
12) Kapasa Musondu (Mangishi Love)– Zambia
13) Shahida Zia (Zenai Couture Designs)– Pakistan
14) Nadir Tati– Angola