Denrele Edun rocked last years red carpet

The Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards are back and if this years event is anything like the last, I’m sure the star-studded bash will be spoken about long after the acceptance speeches have been made.

Organised by Seun Oloketuyi, the publisher of the magazine by the same name, the event is to celebrate the achievements of those who have distinguished themselves in the industry in 2010.

Speaking about the 2011 BON awards Oloketuyi has been quoted as saying; “We have officially released the nominees of some of the categories that would make up this year’s edition of the annual BON awards.

“Topping our release today is the lifestyle category. We are releasing nominees of this and others mainly because they are special categories that do not need movie screening, as a result, they would be determined mainly by the votes of fans and ardent movie watchers, who would be voting online.”

NOMINEES

Chika Ike nominated in the Fresh And Scandal Free (English) category

Fresh and Scandal Free (English)

Nse Etim Ikpe, Chioma Chukwuka Akpokta, Queen Nwokoye, Chika Ike, Bhaira McNwizu and Mbong Amata.

Fresh and Scandal Free (Yoruba)
Sola Asadeko, Mistura Asunramu, Eniola Badmus, Taiwo Aromokun, Biodun Okeowo and Sola Kosoko

Radio Presenter of the year
Matse, Tootlz, Gbemi and Freeze

TV presenter of the year Efe Tommy Adabamu, Adams Ibrahim Adebola, Teju Babyface and Tee A.

Most promising act (male) Yomi Gold, Gbenga Animasahun, Seun Akindele, Trybson and Zubby Michael

Most promising act (female)
Bola Pius, Bidemi Kosoko, Moyo Lawal, Ivie Okujaye, Ejiro Okurame and Uru Eke.

Last years ceremony was bombarded with complaints as Omoni Oboli took home the Best Actress Award beating heavyweights Genevieve Nnaji, Ini Edo, Rita Dominic and Nse Ikpe Etim. The winner was to be declared by voting on the BON Awards site and when fans viewed the final vote Nnaji was clearly leading the pack, with Oboli in last position.

Reps for BON claimed voting just counts for 30% for winning the Award and the judge’s decision determines the other 70%.

Okay o.. Lets wait and see who else is nominated in the other categories.


 

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.