It is no news that last week on her birthday the fast rising songstress Tonye dropped her long awaited video for her song “Ari Belema”. Since then, we’ve had the video on a loop – feel-good visuals for a feel-good tune, we just can’t get enough.
In the Kalabari language “Ari Belema” means “I love you”, and the video successfully captures the joy of a bride preparing for her big day, the beauty of some of Nigeria’s ethnic groups, the love of family and the support of friendships. Alongside the former FAB contributor, Tonye, we see Bolanle Olukanni; Sharon Ojong; OAPs Denrele, Kaylah Oniwo & Vien; Diwari Peterside, Chigul; publicist Ifan and photographer Sunmisola Olorunnisola.
Without further ado, let us give you the reasons why we love the “Ari Belema” video.
- Love quote – “To love someone is to know the song in their heart and sing it back to them when they have forgotten.” Such a lovely quote to start the video with, wouldn’t you agree?
- Tonye’s million dollar smile – Within the first few frames, Tonye flashes her pearly whites and a million dollar, million megawatt smile, and if we weren’t in love before, now we certainly are.
- Maybe it’s Maybelline – Nothing says beauty at its best like the fab makeup artist Bimpe Onakoya and a room full of Maybelline products.
- #Squadgoals – With cameo appearances from Tonye’s equally cute friends like OAP Kaylah Oniwo, FAB Magazine alumnus, editor and producer Sharon Ojong, the scene is set for pre-wedding prep and with much girly laughter and plenty of selfies for Instagram, Tonye makes us wish we had her squad!
- Pre-wedding prep – If you’re already married, chances are you know all about the pre-wedding prep; if you’re not, it’s most certainly on top of the things you look forward to at your dream wedding. With make-up, photography, jewellery, dancing, and praying, “Ari Belema” video captures the pre-wedding preparations impeccably.
- Henna night – And queue more girly bonding. We also love how this video showcases a range of cultural practices.
- Denrele – ‘Cause we are huge fans here at FAB and there ain’t no party without Denrele. Need we say more?
- Bridesmaids in Mai Atafo – This was by far one of our favourite collections at last year’s Lagos Fashion Design Week, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Africa and Glitz Africa, and it’s the cherry on the wedding cake to see bridesmaids rocking Mai Atafo.